Morning Light

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Rockland Renaissance: To Be Or Not To Be Indian Point

"TO BE OR NOT TO BE"      oil      16" x 29"

In researching locations for this grant, I was amazed how many area parks are still preserved thanks to the efforts of the Palisades Parks Conservancy, Palisades Interstate Parks Commission, Keep Rockland Beautiful and other efforts of the Rockland community. I did feel it neccessary though, to include this visual. As I sketched it, I realized I wanted to do something to push the idea a bit further, hence, I decided to paint on stainless steel. The areas left unpainted show the galvanized metal.


Francis A. Silva  "Late Afternoon on Haverstraw Bay" 1871

This show is now moving to the Nyack Library in Nyack NY for the month of February.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE COMMENT