Morning Light

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Rockland Renaissance: January on the Hudson


JANUARY ON THE HUDSON  oil    16" x 16" by Sue Barrasi



View of Hook Mountain Near Nyack  1866 by Sanford Robinson Gifford

Hook Mountain is so distinct. My average weekly travels take me from one side to the other, where I often stand mesmerized by the view. It is stunning from Piermont, which I frequent often. From the Piermont library the view is amazing, the Pier offers its own unique view and Nyack as well.

As I started this series I thought to play with the square composition to give a more modern approach in contrast with the Hudson River School format. The square can  be quite challenging but it intrigued me. This day was quite chilly and my bones felt numb, so I pushed the color of the waters, to emphasize the void of warmth!

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE COMMENT