Morning Light

Monday, July 18, 2016

100 Daily Paintings Completed and New Works

  Completed the 100 Paintings in 100 Days! What a challenge! I am extremely grateful to all those who  supported the daily posts with comments, suggestions, shares,"likes" and of course purchases.
I managed to teach five classes a week while doing this and was able to present a new series to my gallery as well.
 Painting was the easy part, I never ran out of ideas, but this was quite a learning curve as far as photographing, uploading, getting images on social media, (those of you who know me are aware I don't embrace social media) create the individual paypal buttons and upload to various websites.
Ok, maybe painting was not easy some days- the pile of rejected paintings reached my height.
  I am glad I did it, learned so much but I do not feel I ever have to create such stress in my life again! I am focusing the summer months on plein air painting around Tappan, New York - there are so many charming spots in this little hamlet. I will miss the still life setups but winter will be here soon enough.  It is quite humid in New York but as my back drips with sweat, and the mosquitos are buzzing by my head (and yes - right into my painting at times) I am extremely grateful  that I get to do what I love. Thank you again for all your support!

I am honored to be part of this exhibit at the Salmagundi Club in New York.  
 Weekdays open 1-6pm,  weekends open 1-5pm.
Reception is July 29 from 7:00 - 9:00.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE COMMENT