Morning Light

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

"Fever" Poppy Fields

"FEVER"   oil    6"x6"  
So I have always loved painting Poppy fields. Lavender fields are a favorite of mine as well but they are different animals. It is always a challenge for me to get the red "comfortable" on the canvas. I play with the value forever , keying it up and down. After doing several attempts, I like this one best.

Salon 561 is an annual exhibit dedicated to the faculty members of the Art School at the Old Church in Demarest, New Jersey opening September 4. This will be one of the pieces I submit to show.
"Fever"   framed and shipped $300

These were my previous attempts:
 " For Grace" 
This is an attempt to redo a painting I sold last year. I usually never redo same 
composition etc., but at a friends request...
 "Who Lives Next Door?"
Poppy Sketch

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE COMMENT